Coming from outside, the accentuated enclosing wall at the corner of Eidmattstrasse and Böcklinstrasse with the viewing turret and the pair of birch trees is immediately striking. Hidden behind old trees, the neo-Gothic villa with corner turrets seems enchanting in a mysterious, almost storybook fashion. As the corner situation attracts so much attention, the entrance to the garden and villa, which is located on the side, is almost inconspicuous. The development was built from 1898 to 1909: Within a few years, the same building contractor, working with the same architect (Oskar Müller), built about one dozen villas and residences. The planning of the gardens by the Mertens Brothers was done only later, in 1928.